Colusa County Grand Jury
2014 - 2015 Colusa County Grand Jury Report
To view or print report you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Colusa County Grand Jury
- Mailing address: 532 Oak Street
- Telephone: (530) 458-0431
- Fax: (530) 458-2904
Colusa County Grand Jury
- Inquire into any charges of willful misconduct in office by public officials or employees.
- Inquire into conditions of jails and detention centers.
- Inspect and audit books, records, and financial expenditures of all agencies and departments under their jurisdiction, including special districts and non-profit organizations, to insure that public funds are properly accounted for and legally spent.
- Reports: Written reports evaluating the actions of governmental agencies with recommendations for improvement, when no crime is charged.
- Indictments: Formal written complaints charging a person with a crime.
- Accusations: Formal written complaints accusing a governmental employee or officer with misconduct. These are similar to indictments except that conviction would result in removal of the public officer from office rather than criminal penalties.
All complaints must be made in writing, signed and date. To ensure fair and proper consideration, a complaint should include the address and telephone number of the complainant, as well as a complete description of the concern. A request for Grand Jury investigation should include sufficient detail and factual evidence to support the complaint. Complaint form can be filed by writing to: Colusa County Grand Jury, 532 Oak Street, Colusa, California 95932.Grand Jury Complaint Form
Requirements to Become a Grand Juror
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Be a resident of Colusa County for a least a year immediately prior to selection.
- Exhibit intelligence, sound judgment and good character.
- Possess sufficient knowledge of the English language to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must not be serving as a trial juror in any California court.
- Cannot have been discharged as a Grand Juror in any California court within one (1) year of the beginning date of service.
- Cannot have been convicted of malfeasance in office, any felony or other high crime.
- Cannot be serving as an elected public official.
- Interested in how local government works and how it can operate more effectively.
- Willing to cooperate with eighteen (18) others in creating and working toward common goals.
- Serve from four (4) to ten (10) hours a week for one year (July 1 - June 30).
- Willing to learn (or already have ) the skills of listening, asking thoughtful questions, reviewing document, and helping to write reports.
- Exercise strict confidentiality during and after your term as a grand juror.
- Jason Galkin
- Court Executive Officer
- Superior Court of California, County of Colusa
- 532 Oak Street
- Colusa, California 95932
Back To Top