Jury Duty is a mandatory obligation of citizenship. California law reads in part: No eligible person shall be exempt from service as a trial juror by reason of occupation, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or economic status, or for any other reason.
The Jury Trial scheduled for Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 8:30a.m. in department 1 will proceed as scheduled, your appearance is mandatory. Thank you.
For additional information on jury service and your responsibilities as a juror, view the:
California Courts Information and Instructions for Responding to Your Juror Summons document.
CCP Sec. 204. FAILURE TO APPEAR AS SUMMONED COULD RESULT IN A FINE, JAIL SENTENCE, OR BOTH.
Please Observe the following:
- Inform your employer of this summons. Labor Code Section 230(a), provides in part that no employer may discharge or discriminate against an employee for taking time off to serve as required by law as a trial juror, if the employee, prior to taking time off, gives reasonable notice to employer.
- Notify the court in advance if you have a disability so that we can accommodate your request.
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED.
- NO SHORTS, NO TANK TOPS, NO CELLULAR TELEPHONES, NO PAGERS.
- JURORS MAY BE EXCUSED ONLY BY THE JURY COMMISSIONER.
The jury information recording is on all night after 5:00 P.M. the day before the trial. The recorded message advises you whether or not you must appear. If service is canceled and you appear, you will not receive a fee. JURY INFORMATION RECORDING - (530) 458-0431.
Court Department 1 (Jury Reporting) - 547 Market Street Directions
Court Department 2 (Jury Reporting) - 532 Oak Street Directions