Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

The Jury Trial

scheduled for Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 8:30a.m. in department 1 has been canceled no appearance is necessary. Thank you.

Calendar Portal Notice:

Colusa Superior Court’s Online Calendar Portal is temporarily unavailable until further notice.


The Juvenile Court is responsible for handling matters regarding minors. 


The judges in Juvenile Court hears delinquency cases involving minors charged with violations of the law and dependency cases involving minors who have been neglected or abused.

Juvenile Appeals

A notice of appeal must be filed within 60 days after the rendition of the judgment or the making of the order being appealed. Except as provided in California Rules of Court, Rule 8.66, no court may extend the time to file a notice of appeal.

For more information contact your attorney and consult Title 8 of the California Rules of Court, Rules 8.400 – 8.474, which sets forth the governing codes on the procedures for Juvenile cases.

Juvenile Traffic

The traffic division processes juvenile cases involving only infractions. You may pay a traffic infraction by telephone, online, or in person unless the citation indicates it is a mandatory appearance. If a mandatory appearance is required, a parent or legal guardian must accompany minors.

Juvenile Transfer Information

As required by California Rules of Court, Rules of Court, Rule 5.610(f)(2) juvenile transfer cases should be set as follows:


Colusa County Superior Court, Department 1 - 547 Market Street, Colusa, CA 95932
Mondays at 1:00p.m.


Colusa County Superior Court, Department 1 - 547 Market Street, Colusa, CA 95932
Mondays at 2:00p.m.

Frequently Asked Questions: Juvenile

One of the following could occur:

  • The arresting officer may release your child back to your custody.
  • Your child may be referred to a community agency providing shelter, care, diversion or counseling.
  • Your child could be detained in Juvenile Hall. If your child is detained, the Probation Officer must take immediate steps to notify you.
  • Your child may be released to your custody with conditions and given a date to appear in court. If your child is not returned home, the law requires that a petition be filed, usually within 48 hours from the time the child is taken into custody. There will be a court hearing called a Detention/Arraignment hearing. You will be notified of this hearing date and time.

Your child has the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney for your child, the court will appoint an attorney to represent him or her.

Yes, unless you were the victim of your child's crime, you will receive a bill from the county for various fees, including your child's attorney's fees; probation department service fees and placement costs for keeping your child in state placement such as the California Department of Juvenile Justice, a probation camp, or an out of home placement. You will have a chance to show how much, if any, of these costs you are able to pay. The Juvenile Court does not make this determination.

Yes, a parent or legal guardian must appear with their child for court hearings.

You may submit a Petition to Seal to the Colusa Juvenile Probation Department. A court date will be scheduled and notice sent to all parties. You may attend the hearing but it is not required unless you are noticed and ordered to appear. Please contact the Probation Department at (530)458-5871 for more information.

All juvenile records are confidential. If the minor, parents, legal guardians or attorneys of record want to obtain copies of court minute orders and selected court documents, they must appear at the Clerk's office located at 532 Oak Street, Colusa, CA 95932 with photo identification. The records will not be mailed.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.